Challenge Participant

Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Offering by Kimberly Derting


The Offering (The Pledge, #3)
The Offering by Kimberly Derting is the third and final book in The Pledge series.  Charlie is still queen and she is still battling to remain herself, and not completely surrender to Sabara.  Niko, Sabara/Layla’s soul mate, is on a mission to get back his love, even if it destroys countless of people.  He bands together with Queen Elena, promising her the gift of immortality, but what she doesn’t realize is that she is just a pawn in a bigger game, one that she will not win.  This book was a great closer, people died, people were freed from bondage, and some people were given the chance of a HEA.  I do want to comment on the opening of this book: way to give me chest pains before the actual ride began.  Better yet, thanks for not letting the readers know that they are getting on a ride on the first page, it was more exciting that way, granted I don’t know how I feel about the aftermath of that first scene.  Sage, as character, was awesome… mainly because of the previously mentioned aftermath, was an amazing person through that.  I am glad that the end turned out to be less than perfect, like a mentioned people died; however, there seems to be the hope for everyone that things will in fact get better, slowly.  The ending made me giddy, but weirdly enough it had nothing to do with our faithful two lovers Charlie and Max.  To mention the death, I will state that it was necessary and just awful.  I mourned with Charlie and I mourned with the other characters who loved this character. 

3.5 stars out of 5 because there wasn’t enough action until the very end.  Thank you to Edelweiss and the publishers for an ARC.

No comments:

Post a Comment