Challenge Participant

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lord of the Flies



Lord of the Flies...  Well I was not impressed by this book.  I really was hoping to read a classic and love it, but I understand that that doesn't always happen. I did like the premise of divulging the concepts behind the human condition, but the execution was not my favorite.  I do like that Golding uses children to communicate his big ideas, but what really didn't work for me was the flow of the words themselves.  I just wasn't impressed, and because I was expecting a worth while ride I am highly disappointed.  His wording was sometimes too much and at other times not enough to become confusing.  I have seen this before in books that are meant to ensnare the reader and produce empathy; however, in this example it just becomes exhausting and boring, for me.  This just wasn't my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment