Challenge Participant

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Tiger's Destiny (Tiger Saga #4) by Colleen Houck

Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4)


I don't think this is a review, more of a rant... so be forewarned.

I HATE LOVE TRIANGLES

YA and love triangles are like the straw that breaks the camel's back for me in many different books that I have read. Sometimes I can really love the concept of the book and the characters and then Goddamnit a trifecta of stupid love choices is created. WHY?!?!? That's not love. IF you love Boy A completely and only really love some qualities of Boy B, what the F*&^ are you doing thinking there is a choice?!

Do have to say that sometimes love triangles work. For instance, in Carrie Jones Need series I completely admired the way the love triangle worked. I really fell for Nick and Astley for Zara. I understood that she loved Nick, unfortunately Nick made the choice to complete push Zara away when she needed him the most, because he disliked her "Pixiness." Who was there during her time of need was Astley, and even though she had some unresovled feelings for Nick she realized that Astley deserved her love as much she deserved the acceptance of her human and pixie nature from him. THAT'S HOW YOU DO A LOVE TRIANGLE. Not how it was in this book. "I can't live without brother A so I will marry brother B...." ummm what?!?!?! One of the worst female characters yet, no character development at all for Kelsey.

I do have to say that I enjoyed the character development of Kishan.. He matured, HOORAY! As for Ren, eh. He's stagnant, much like Kelsey. Does that mean they are meant to be, well just find out by reading or we can all realize there was never a love triangle but mainly a weak woman who couldn't face the choice of loving the one that loves you and you cannot live without. I also loved how heart breaking the last sacrifice was (I just don't like him being used during the whole book by Kelsey). Boy did I cry. I don't want to discourage readers from this book because of the sensless love triangle, but the last sacrifice that is what makes this book a 3 star instead of an aggrevaited 2 star. The aggrevation is worth the last 60 pages or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment