Challenge Participant

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell

Dear Killer
 
 
 
“Rule one.

Nothing is right, nothing is wrong.

That is the most important guideline, and the hardest one for most people to understand—but I have understood it my entire life…

My name is Kit, but most people know me as the Perfect Killer.

I kill on order, I am everyone’s assassin.  I belong to no one but the grim reaper herself.”

 

 

Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell is the story of notorious London serial killer known as the Perfect Killer.  Kit a 16 year girl is our Perfect Killer.  Trained from a young age, by a mother who was herself a serial killer, Kit has grasped and mastered the art of killing.  Living by a code, and keeping anonymous Kit finds her kills through requests via letters left behind in stall at a local establishment.  These letters always start the same, “Dear Killer.”  Kit doesn’t always take every request, even when money is left behind, she thrives on the power of selection and the hold she has on the public.  She’s the perfect moral nihilist; however, she also has another side to her. 

Kit is almost like any other young girl her age.  She goes to school, has a family and even occasionally can carry a conversation with a person.  One letter will arrive that will mesh with her posh alter ego, and the decision that Kit makes could ultimately destroy everything her disciplined mother and she have built.  In a house of cards, one must always be wary of the change in wind. 

I don’t know how I feel about this book.  I liked it at times and at other times I couldn’t get how a mother could do that, or how Kit could be so dense about somethings that occurred throughout the novel.  All I can say is if you like Dexter or other stories that revolve around the serial killer, than you might enjoy this novel.  I know that I won’t be forgetting it anytime soon.

 

Thank You Edelweiss, 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment