Challenge Participant

Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. Nielsen


"One war.
Too many deadly battles.
Can a king save his kingdom, when his own survival seems unlikely?"

 The Shadow Throne (The Ascendance Trilogy, #3)

The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. Nielsen is the last book in The Ascendance Trilogy.  I have to say that it took me almost to the end of the first to really like it, but by the end of the third book I was fan-girling all the way.  This is the story of a young prince, whose identity was stripped away, left as an orphan to somehow, someday reclaim his throne.  Full of action, suspense, snarkiness, and plenty of romantic drama The Ascendance Trilogy is fun for everyone. 

Our boy king, Jaron, finds himself lost with his kingdom on the verge of war and Imogen being held captive by the enemy as a trap for Jaron.  Our heroes separate during the novel in order to firm alliances and get help to win this war.  Someone must find allies, someone must protect borders, someone must follow duty, someone must bring help, and finally someone must die.  There were moments when I wasn’t sure if I wanted to continue this journey, especially when one of our main characters ends up not doing so well.  I do have to say the author definitely had me going for most of the book, and when at last everything was revealed I was ecstatic!  Such a HEA ending and much appreciated.

 

4 out of 5 stars, thanks Netgalley!

No comments:

Post a Comment