Challenge Participant

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Where Silence Gathers by Kelsey Sutton

Where Silence Gathers (Some Quiet Place, #2)

“Revenge finds me just as I finish my uncle’s bottle of rum.  He settles down beside me and dangles his legs off the edge of the bridge.  I don’t look at him, and for a few minutes neither of us says a word.  Plumes of air leave my mouth with every breath.  It’s still too cold for crickets, so the night is utterly silent.  If I listen hard enough, I can almost hear the stars whispering to each other.  Cruel, biting whispers.” 

Where Silence Gathers by Kelsey Sutton is the second book in her series Some Quiet Place.  Alex Tate watched her family die, as the lone survivor anger seethes and unravels under skin.  On the day her parents died, she met the emotion Revenge and from that moment on they have been the best of friends.  Now at 17, Alex must face the fact that the man who took her family away is getting out of jail, and she can face it as long as Revenge is beside her.  Knowing that Revenge is an emotion and not human doesn’t make things any less complicated for Alex.  Dealing with her past and her present dilemmas are not the only things catapulting her to an end, but also Forgiveness makes an appearance.  Now she has a choice, must make a choice, and must figure out the secrets of her parents past.  A great addition to Sutton’s series about those who can see the emotions that fuel human choices and the choices we make.

4 out of 5 stars.  Thank You NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment